Seversky P-35A

The P-35, one of the forerunners of the Republic P-47, was the first single-seat, all-metal pursuit plane with retractable landing gear and enclosed cockpit to go into regular service with the U.S. Army Air Corps. The Army accepted 76 P-35s in 1937-38 and assigned 75 to the 1st Pursuit Group Selfridge Field, Michigan. 

The aircraft pictured here, the only known surviving P-35A, served with the 94th Pursuit Squadron at Selfridge Field. It was restored by maintenance personnel of the 133rd Tactical Airlift Wing, Minnesota ANG,  with assistance from students of the Minneapolis Vocational Institute.

Click on the thumbnails below to view larger images.

  1. Managing Director
  2. Managing Director
  3. Managing Director
  4. Managing Director
  5. Managing Director
  6. Managing Director
  7. Managing Director
  8. Managing Director
  9. Managing Director
  10. Managing Director
  11. Managing Director
  12. Managing Director
  13. Managing Director
  14. Managing Director
  15. Managing Director
  16. Managing Director